Terms and conditions
My terms and conditions are friendly and simple but also necessary so that both you the Client, and me, your Photographer have clear expectations of the photo shoot and the images created. These terms are set out to avoid dispute, and unless agreed otherwise in writing or email, these are the only terms under which I trade. Booking and taking part in a photo shoot with me signifies your agreement to these terms and conditions.
What your session fee covers
Unless stated otherwise photo shoot packages include:
My time and talent as a professional photographer during the session.
The use of all props available on the day where applicable.
My time and considerable editing experience to produce a fantastic final set of images for you to view at my studio.
Photo products, digital files with licences and online galleries are purchased separately.
Payment of your session fees can be made by cash, cheque or Bank Transfer. Unless otherwise agreed in writing or email, payment is due at the time of booking and secures your session date and time slot. Your session is not booked or reserved until payment has been made.
Session fees are non refundable if cancelled within two full working days. At my discretion a 50% refund will be offered if cancelled within 7 full working days. A second date may be offered if the weather causes cancellation, however this is at my discretion and will be subject to shoot availability.
Gift vouchers are valid for a limited time. They must be used before the valid date. The valid date is the last day a shoot can be booked. Bookings are subject to availability so please book your session early to avoid disappointment. Please be aware that busy periods book up quickly. If you are unable to book before the valid date I may extend the valid period, this is at my discretion and only if you have contacted me a minimum of 10 working days before the voucher runs out. If your voucher includes money towards print or digital images this does not include frames or canvases. Cash alternatives are not offered but if you have money left over you can ask for a credit towards your next shoot.
If you have been sent details of my referral packages it means you are a valued client! The best part of my job is meeting new and interesting people and I'm always happy to have you back! My referral package is a way of rewarding you for introducing new clients. The referrer receives £10 towards their next shoot, with a maximum of £40 discount applied per shoot. New clients don't miss out either as they receive an extra free print with their shoot. These offers become valid once a shoot has been booked and paid for in full, it does not apply to mini sessions. There is no cash alternative, and the referral programme can not be used in conjunction with any other special offer unless agreed in writing by Deborah Johnson Photography.
Under the copyright and patents act of 1988, Deborah Johnson Photography retains the copyright of all images taken, unless specifically stated otherwise.
By purchasing a digital file, you are also purchasing the licence to reproduce the image as many times as you like , however this is for non profit making use. Please contact me if you'd like to discuss commercial licences.
It is a criminal offence to copy, screen grab, scan or reproduce photographs taken during your shoot without written consent by Deborah. If you purchase digital files, you are granted a licence to use your images for personal use. Your purchased files can then be used for sharing with your friends and family on social media sites (watermarked copies will be provided for this purpose), for updating model or acting portfolios and printing out for yourself and for your family and friends. These images are not to be sold or given to any third parties without prior consent by Deborah. Images that are purchased as digital files are not to be altered in any way that change the integrity of the image without prior consent.
Images taken during photographic sessions may be used by Deborah Johnson Photography for display or marketing purposes. This could include social media, marketing literature, or galleries on this website. This is for the purpose of promoting my photography so clients can see the style of work I create. If you would prefer that you or your child’s images are not displayed in this way please let me know in writing when you book your photographic session.
Facebook Sharing and Other Social Media
It is understandable that clients might want to post photographs on the Internet via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and/or any other social media outlets. This agreement will serve to allow posting low-resolution or high-resolution photos to social media sites, only in the case that Deborah Johnson Photography is credited and that photos are NOT altered with editing or filters. Additionally, it is understood that clients will NOT remove, or have removed, watermarks from Internet images Deborah Johnson Photography has uploaded to Facebook or her website, or from the low-resolution images offered for free to clients who have purchased prints. Clients and family members can purchase photographs that do not have a watermark.
You are permitted to click the “share” button on any photos posted to Deborah Johnson Photography’s Facebook page. Sharing can NOT be done via screen shots of photos on Facebook or the Proofing gallery.
It is your responsibility as a client to check your Junk/Spam email folder for a confirmation email and any correspondence from me.
A photo shoot contract must be completed prior to your appointment. Please note that the session can not take place without this.
In the extremely unlikely event of equipment failure I will offer a free re-shoot or your deposit returned in full. No compensation is offered but it is worth pointing out that, to date this has never happened; I have three cameras with dual memory card slots, plus back up lenses and flash units.
All usual terms and conditions apply to the shoot.
Gift Certificates bought online are valid for twelve months from the date of purchase, excluding peek session times in November and December.
Sessions are subject to availability
They are non-refundable and can not be exchanged for cash
Family studio sessions are for up to three people
Unless otherwise agreed, location sessions are valid for up to 15 people
Family location sessions are for locations no further than 15 miles travel from Ilminster, a £0.40 per mile fee will be charged for extra mileage.
Mother’s Day Competition 2020 Rules:
- To enter comment on 'What professional portraits of your family mean to you and your family’ on the Facebook or Instagram competition post
- Maximum of three comments per person. In the event that more comments are entered, only the first three will be considered.
- The prize is a one hour photo shoot of mother and child with Deborah Johnson Photography at The Studio Upstairs, Ilminster. It would also suit a mother and up to two children. The photo shoot includes a gallery of images to select your favourite two images from the session made into beautiful Gift Prints (one in 14x11” luxury mount and one in 10x8” luxury mount). Additional prints or digital images will be available to buy, should you wish. This prize also includes a beautiful Calin Bleu baby sling and video consultation from by Babywearing South West.
- No purchase necessary
- Purchase does not enhance the chance of winning
- Eligible to UK residents over the age of 18
- No cash alternative offered
- Photo shoot dates are subject to availability
- Photo session and collection of baby sling will be at/from The Studio Upstairs, 18 Silver Street, Ilminster Somerset TA19 0DJ
- This competition is being run by Deborah Johnson Photography, The Studio Upstairs, 18 Silver Street, Ilminster TA19 0DJ www.deborahjohnson.co.uk in association with Calin Bleu Slings www.calinbleu.com and Babywearing South West www.babywearingsouthwest.co.uk.
- Competition closes at 13.00 HRS GMT 22.03.30 (Mother’s Day!) - The winner will be announced later in the day.
- In the interests of fairness the winner will be selected by Babywearing Consultant Kizzy from Babywearing South West.
- The winner must agree their explicit permission for images from the photo shoot to be used, but not limited to, the marketing purposes of Deborah Johnson Photography Calin Bleu Slings and Babywearing South West.
- Any questions about the competition can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook